- Do you have no energy or don’t feel motivated to do the things you once enjoyed?
- Or do you feel hopeless, helpless or just are not happy?
- Do you often feel guilty or worthless?
If you are tired of constantly feeling down, counseling can help.
The preferred therapists who are located at Gaithersburg Counseling Center can tailor therapy to meet your specific, individual needs. They often use a practical approach and by collaborating with you, therapy can help you improve the following issues:
- Decrease Feelings of Sadness, Hopelessness or Depression
- Increase Energy and Motivation
- Stabilize Eating and Sleeping
- Release Feelings of Guilt and Worthlessness
- Eliminate Desire to Hurt Yourself or Others
- Reduce Overuse of Alcohol and Drugs
- Process Past Traumatic Events
- Live Healthier, Happier and More Peacefully
Depression affects many people and often goes untreated. It can make you feel both helpless and hopeless. You may be noticing you have no energy or your body physically hurts. Sometimes, you might not feel motivated to work, to see friends, or to do the activities you previously enjoyed. Trouble sleeping, irritability and sometimes even thoughts of wanting it all to end, are all symptoms of depression. In a given year, depressive disorders affect approximately 18.8 million American adults or about 9.5%of the U.S. population age 18 and older. However, due to stigma and other factors, fewer than half of those suffering actually seek treatment. Please know that counseling can help relieve these symptoms and get you feeling better.
Want to start today?
If you are unhappy and want to make a change, make a change and find your true, fulfilled self, feel free to give us a call, we’re here to help!
We’re open weekdays from 8:00am to 8:00pm EST
and weekends from 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.