- Is your teen stressed, irritable, isolating or seem moody?
- Are they over loaded with school pressure?
- Struggling to make or keep friends?
- Is your teen not as happy as they used to be or the family is struggling?
If you are concerned about your teen and want to help them learn to cope with this difficult time in life in a healthy way, counseling can help with the following issues:
- Understanding and Coping with School Related Stress
- Improve Peer Relationships & Resolve Friend Issues
- Help Teen deal with Changes at Home (Separation, Loss, Sibling Issues)
- Improve Self Esteem
- Increase Communication between Family Members (Parent/Child Issues)
- Relieve Anxiety and Depression
Often, the primary goal of therapy with teens and families is to help clients make practical changes so they can all live together more peacefully. If you don’t know how to talk to your teen, or don’t know what to do, there are some preferred therapists who are located at Gaithersburg Counseling Center who specialize in working with kids who can help you and your teen get unstuck from the habits that aren’t working and start talking again.
To help your teen create lasting life changes, therapists will often work on developing positive relationships while being supportive and encouraging, all while working collaboratively with the family to stop these issues from continuing into adulthood. You deserve to be supported and the preferred therapists who are located at Gaithersburg Counseling Center are committed to respecting your families choices and your priorities.
Want to start today?
With a non-judgmental, flexible approach, the preferred therapists who are located at Gaithersburg Counseling Center can help you and your teen remain centered, focused and balanced.
We’re open weekdays from 8:00am to 8:00pm EST
and weekends from 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.