Summer has ended and the leaves are turning color. Are you feeling stuck? What types of transitions are you thinking about? Are there some changes you are looking to make? If so, what is stopping you? What benefit do you get from not changing – is it less effort, more familiar, comfortable? What could be the benefit of making changes – do you want to feel renewed, energized, and back in balance?
If you are looking to start fresh or transition into a new chapter of your life, take a look at the below tips for how to start.
1. Make a list of what you want your life to look like in 3 months, 6 months or next year. Do you want to spend more time with friends or family? Do you want to decrease the stress in your life?
2. Once you have made your list, figure out how you can make the changes and what is stopping you. For example, if you want more time with friends, can you meet a friend on your lunch break, stop by to see them on your way home, or have a potluck dinner party?
3. Clean out your life. Many dream interpreters believe that when you dream of your house, you are really dreaming about your life. The main floor of your home is your daily life, the basement is the deeper issue. You can clean out that back closet you haven’t see the bottom of in years. Or, make some new curtains out of some old fabric. Rearrange the furniture in your bedroom. If you take action and make changes, you will find yourself feeling less stuck and more ready for the days ahead.
4. Mend or forgive old relationships. Is there a friend or family member who you are not feeling as close to as you used to? Friends change along the way, are these people the ones you want in your life, or are they not the friends you thought they were. Relationships take work. If you want to rebuild a relationship, start with an open, honest conversation. If you have moved on and the relationship is one you are ready to part with, forgive yourself. You are not being mean, you are taking care of yourself and filling your life with what you want, not what you are obligated to do.
5. Try something new! Have you ever joined a book club? What about going rock climbing? Or volunteering? Including new activities in your life can add energy, fun and excitement. It is also a great way to meet new people and help relieve stress.