For the second part of our Women’s Wellness Series, we will list some tips for women. These are reminders of what you can do to take a break from taking care of everyone else, and to take care of yourself and your own needs for a change! The last two parts of the series will include a list of women’s forgotten rights and inspiring words for women.
Please share this information with the women in your life.
1. Stop trying to change that which you do not control.
2. Exercise for at least 10 minutes a day. Go for a walk with your spouse, a friend, kids or pets. Park at the far side of the parking lot and walk to the building. While watching the olympics, get up and do a few jumping jacks or stretches, or get up and dance during the commercial breaks etc.
3. Practice saying “no”. Save your precious time and energy for the things you really want to do.
4. Take a moment each day to think about something you have done that makes you feel proud of yourself.
5. Practice deep breathing… in through your nose, and out though your mouth…
6. Turn off your cell phone/email/blackberry/computer/pager for some period of time each day and enjoy the quiet.
7. Buy or borrow a good book that interests you. Read it. If reading isn’t for you, find a hobby you enjoy and spend some of your time enjoying it!
8. Make a gratitude list, write down at least 10 things you are thankful for and read it every day.
9. Take a bubble bath. Using a lavender or chamomile scent or relaxing music can be very calming.
10. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need, you might get what you want!
I would love to hear from you! Please write in with any comments or questions about women’s wellness issues. All information will remain confidential if emailed to AnotherLook@HealingLLC.com. Thanks for checking in!
Take Good Care,
Amy L. Hooper
Director, Another Look at Healing, LLC