Are you feeling stressed? Are you constantly worrying? Are you exhausted and just want to relax? There is a way to break this cycle and start feeling better now! Following are seven good ways to REDUCE YOUR STRESS. Try using one of these techniques for each day this week.
- Breath. We rush around in our daily lives, between getting the kids off to school, traffic, meetings etc., we rarely “stop to smell the roses”. Perhaps this phrase is more than just to remind you to appreciate the beauty around you, but to also remember to breath! Practice deep breathing… in through your nose, and out though your mouth…
- Practice saying “no”. Save your precious time and energy for the things you really want to do.
- Turn off your cell phone/email/blackberry/computer/pager for some period of time each day and enjoy the quiet.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need, you might get what you want!
- Stop trying to change that which you do not control.
- Exercise for at least 10 minutes a day. Go for a walk with your spouse, a friend, kids or pets. Park at the far side of the parking lot and walk to the building. While watching TV, get up and do a few jumping jacks or stretches, or get up and dance during the commercial breaks etc.
- Write in a journal. Sometimes it helps just to get the feelings out of your head so you can move on. Ask yourself, “How am I feeling” and “What am I thinking”.
Practice these seven techniques for one week and email me to let me know if you notice a difference! You can email Amy Hooper at AnotherLook@HealingLLC.com.
Or, for more helpful information, contact Another Look at Healing, LLC – A Counseling and Wellness Center today. Call our office at 240-274-5680 or email us at AnotherLook@HealingLLC.com.